CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) POLICY
Our commitments towards Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) includes promotion of
healthcare and betterment of the society through respect for universal human rights and the
environment, acting with integrity and accountability and operating responsibly and
The main objective of the CSR Policy is to lay down guidelines for doing CSR activities with
a focus on making a positive contribution to society through effective impact and sustainable
development programs. This Policy covers the proposed CSR activities to be undertaken by
the Company and ensuring that they are in line with Schedule VII of the Companies Act,
2013 as amended from time to time. It covers the CSR activities which are being carried out
in and includes strategy that defines plans for future CSR activities.
Scope and Coverage:
The CSR activities of the Company shall include, but not limited to any or all the
sectors/activities as may be prescribed by Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 amended
from time to time. Further, the Company will review the sectors/activities from time to time
and make additions/ deletions/ clarifications to the above sectors/activities.
Areas for activities:
The Company shall identify projects / programmes which will fall in any one or more of the
following areas /sectors for its CSR spending:
- Eradicating hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting health care including preventive
health care and sanitation including contribution to the Swach Bharat Kosh set-up by the
Central Government for the promotion of sanitation and making available safe drinking
- Promoting education, including special education and employment enhancing vocation
skills especially among children, women, elderly and the differently abled and livelihood
- Promoting gender equality, empowering women, setting up homes and hostels for
women and orphans; setting up old age homes, day care centres and such other facilities for
senior citizens and measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna,
animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of
soil, air and water including contribution to the Clean Ganga Fund set-up by the Central
Government for rejuvenation of river Ganga.
- Protection of national heritage, art and culture including restoration of buildings and sites
of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries; promotion and
development of traditional art and handicrafts.
- Measures for the benefit of armed forces veterans, war widows and their dependents,
Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) and Central Para Military Forces (CPMF) veterans, and
their dependents including widows.
- Training to promote rural sports, nationally recognized sports, Paralympic sports and
- Rural development projects.
- Slum area development.
- Disaster management, including relief, rehabilitation, and reconstruction activities.
The CSR projects or programs or activities undertaken by the Company as per the
Company’s CSR Policy in India only shall amount to CSR Expenditure in accordance with
the provisions of the Act.
All the expenses and contributions for CSR activities will be made after approval from the
Board of the Company. The Board will ensure that the expenses/ contributions will be in full
compliance of the CSR Policy.